Paleo Double Decker Carrot Cake with Coconut Frosting
Paleo Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cup flax seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 baking powder
- 4-5 cups shredded carrot
- 3 cups unsweetened raisins
- 8 tablespoon raw honey
Preheat Oven 325 F
Soft almond butter.
Beat eggs well
Blend all wet ingredients.
In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Mix together all wet and dry.
- Grease (2) 9 inch diameter cake tin with coconut oil.
Bake 45-50 minutes until cakes done in centers.
Cakes to stand in the tin for 15 minutes to cool. Place on cake rack to continue cooling.
Paleo Coconut Frosting Recipe
(makes 3 cups)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- Dash sea salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (arrowroot contains starch not 100% Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups coconut oil (melted)
In medium saucepan add coconut milk, honey and salt over medium heat mix well.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, constantly stirring
In separate bowl combine arrowroot paste with water and make paste.
Combine arrowroot paste with mixture at medium heat mix well until mixture thickens (approximately 1-2 minutes).
In separate bowl remove mixture from saucepan and slowly stir in coconut oil. Until mixture thoroughly blended and smooth.
In covered container place in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
Remove from freezer and stir until thick.
Frost carrot cake
Optional top frosting with crushed walnuts, pecans or shredded carrots.
Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
Dairy Free and Gluten Free Ice Cream Recipes
Dairy free ice cream recipe. Coconut milk is a Paleo Recipe friendly cow's milk alternative.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 (13.5- ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (13.5- ounce) can regular coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk yolks and honey together until pale yellow, 1 to 2 minutes. Add light and regular coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Transfer coconut mixture to a medium pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon, 8 to 10 minutes. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in vanilla.
-Transfer contents of pot to a bowl and chill until cold. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions then transfer to a container with a lid and freeze until firm, about 2 hours more.
Paleo Style Desserts-Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner-Breads-Appetizers-MORE