Zucchini Pie - Our Favorite !!
WOW It's So Good...We Never Thought Zucchini Can Be A Dessert But This Pie Is Better Than Our Favourite Pumpkin Pie We Love So Much. Don't Waste Any Moment And Make It Now!!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 cups pureed cooked zucchini
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sugar1 teaspoon salt2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup evaporated milk,
- 2 eggs - wormed
- To make the puree, skin the zucchini and cut it up into 1-inch chunks.
- Microwave on high, until easily pierced with a fork, about 9 minutes, stirring once.
- Pour off any water (very important!).Puree in the blender.
- Mix zucchini puree, honey and dry ingredients together.
- Warm milk and add with eggs to zucchini mixture.
- Use hand mixer to blend well.Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie crust.Bake at 425F for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350F and bake for 40-45 minutes longer; OR until knife inserted.
- slightly off center (about half way between the center and edge) - comes out clean, center will be wobbly.Cool for about 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
Sweet Mint Zucchini
Moroccan's sweeting the Zucchini (Or Everything Else They Want to Sweet) In Sugared Water. This Process Work Great With Zucchini Also.....
- 2 zucchini (about 1 lb total)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mint
- 2 TBSP water
- Trim off the ends of the zucchini and discard them.
- Quarter the zucchini lengthwise and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine the sugar and 2 TBSP water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved - about 1 min.
- Reduce the heat to low, add in the zucchini, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender but not mushy, 7-8 minutes.
- Drain the zucchini, reserving the syrup.Toss the zucchini in a bowl with the mint and 2 T of the reserved syrup.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature.Serve as an appetizer salad on small plates.
Sweet Curried Zucchini Pickles
WOW Again....When We First Got This Recipe We Thought It Is a Non-Tasty Mix Of Everything We Have In Our Kitchen. Of Course We Now Think The Opposite Of It.
- 3 lbs zucchini, ends trimmed,
cut into very thin rounds about 1/8 inch thick
- 2 red onions, about the size of baseballs peeled and cut into thin slices
- 3 -4 colorful chilies, of your choice, cut into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup red seedless grapes , halved
- 2 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar3/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice berry
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, the size of your thumb, peeled and cut into thin disks
- In a large nonreactive bowl, combine the zucchini, onions, chilies, and salt and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse twice to remove the salt, then add the grapes and set aside.
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan, bring all the remaining ingredients except the ginger to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring once or twice to dissolve the sugar.Pour the hot liquid over the zucchini mixture;
- the zucchini should be amply covered or slightly afloat.Place the ginger slices inside a fold of plastic wrap and crush it.
Add to the zucchini mixture, cooling to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate.
- These pickles develop great flavor after a couple of hours of refrigeration and should keep well, covered and refrigerated, for 3 weeks.
Sweet Zucchini Crumble
It tastes just like an Apple crumble and will be a huge hit!
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shortening, softened or 1 1/2 cups butter, cold
- 6 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 zucchini)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir the flour, 2 cups of the sugar, and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the shortening or butter and cut it into the flour with a pastry blender or your fingertips until the mixture looks like coarse oatmeal.
- Pour half of the mixture into a inch cake pan.Using your fingers or a rubber spatula, press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside.
- Combine the zucchini and lemon juice in a large pot over high heat and cook until zucchini is tender, for about 8 to 10 minutes.Stir in the remaining 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Simmer for 1 minute more.Stir in 1/2 cup of the reserved flour mixture and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove the pot from the heat to cool for 10 minutes.Pour the zucchini mixture over the baked crust and sprinkle with the remaining flour mixture.Return the pan to the oven and bake until it is lightly browned and bubbly, for 40 to 45 minutes.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
A fabulous way to make use of the additional bounty of summer, and make a tasty treat.you can alter the recipe to fit your family's tastes, or generate your own variations.
- 3 eggs2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extrac
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.Beat in the sugar and oil.Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom.
- Mix until just moist.Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
I Hope You Enjoyed My Writing & Recipes Which was all Tested.
Visit Our Website All Zucchini Recipes For More Great Zucchini Recipes.
Author Name : Zvika Kolb
Founder Of : Kolbnet