Cobbler is one of those desserts that brings back memories. For some it's their Grandmothers that used to make a family famous cobbler recipe topped with some delicious vanilla ice cream. My mother used to make apple cobbler that was to die for. We had several apple trees in our back yard so between apple cobbler, apple ice cream, apple jam and baked apples we had our delightful fill of one of God's greatest creations.
This recipe takes the work out of creating a masterpiece. Instead of baking the apples in cinnamon and brown sugar, you can use pre-made apple pie filling instead. Using the butter pecan cake mix adds delicious flavor without the added effort of making up your own batter. Adding butter pecan cake mix, pecans, cinnamon and butter, you can make a fantastic cobbler in a snap. This is the perfect recipe when you want to make a great dessert with not a lot of work.Serve it at holiday gatherings, potlucks or just because.
Apple Cake Cobbler
2 Cans Apple Pie Filling
1 Box Dry Butter Pecan Cake Mix
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed firmly
1/4 Cups Pecans
Cinnamon, to taste
2 Sticks Salted Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
3. Layer the ingredients in the following order.
4. Spread the apple pie filling evenly in the bottom of your greased pan.
5. Sprinkle the cinnamon to taste over the apple pie filling.
6. Spread the butter pecan cake mix evenly over the apple pie filling.
7. On top of the cake mix, sprinkle the brown sugar and pecans.
8. Cut the butter into ¼ patties and place evenly over the entire baking pan.
9.Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy.