If you want to discover how to decorate cakes, here are 10 top tips for cake decorating made easy!
1. If you're a beginner, choose a simple design that has a good chance of turning out well. Don't be too ambitious and be seduced by gorgeous designs that are very hard to do when you're a novice.
2. Make sure you have all ingredients before you start.
3. If you're using a kit, familiarise yourself with the instructions before you begin.
4. Give yourself plenty of time to complete your project.
5. Try to distance yourself from all distractions, including boyfriends/husbands, pets and children.
6. If it's your first time decorating a cake, don't make it for a special occasion in case it doesn't turn out. Do a practice run first. Also make a note of the time you start and finish, for future reference.
7. Get inspired for cake decorating made easy! Look at everything around you with fresh eyes.You never know, it might come in handy when you're thinking up new design ideas.
8. Decide whether to bake the cake from scratch or buy it and just do the decoration.
9. Don't be impatient and rush the process. It takes time to learn a new skill. If you rush to finish it, your design may look messy and unfinished and not the work of art you imagined.
10. Enjoy your masterpiece! Why not take a photo of it for future reference before eating it? If it didn't turn out exactly as you imagined, just think of the experience you've gained. Your next one is bound to be better!
I hope you've found these 10 tips for cake decorating made easy useful. I find cake decorating to be positively addictive!