Bananas are rich in potassium. They are essential in maintaining the proper activities of the cells in our body. This fruit is so common that's why many people are inventing recipes with banana as the main ingredient.
True enough that kids love cakes. However, parents are dismayed that their children are hard to feed especially healthy foods.Good thing, there are cake recipes today that use fruits. You will enjoy now the sweet treat of cakes, in addition to the healthy benefits of fruits. Banana cake is a very good example of this. This cakes are adored by kids because of its delicious taste.
Banana cakes can be preserved for two to three days using an airtight container that are made with glass, metal and plastic. They are can be served individually or in several slices. Banana cakes are also popular as a school treat.
The following is a simple guideline on how to make delicious banana cake at home:
75 Grams or 1/3 cup of softened butter
110 Grams or 1/2 cup of unrefined caster sugar
2 Teaspoon of baking powder
Grated rind of a lemon or an orange (optional)
4 Pieces of ripe bananas
50 Grams or 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
Step By Step Procedure:
· Set 12 pieces of paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
· Put the butter, caster sugar and the egg to a bowl. Mix in the flour and the baking powder. Use an electric mixer, beat until combined well. After which, add the grated lemon or orange rind.
· To easily mash the banana, slice the bananas into small pieces.Add it to the flour mixture next to the walnuts and then mix them again thoroughly.
· Transfer the mixture to the cases or tins and then bake it until the color turn brown. To know if it is cooked, press it and when it's ready it usually springs back.It takes about 50 minutes for the cake to be done.
· Before transferring to a wire tray, let it stand for 10 minutes.
This recipe is so simple and the outcome is so delicious. You can personalized the cake by adding cake decorating stuffs such as cake decorating flowers, colored candies, grinded coconut, chocolates and fresh fruits. Using fondant decorating ideas and butter cream frosting is also an excellent idea in customizing cakes.